Kickstand for a 99 yzf400?

7 replies to this topic
  • wr99

Posted February 28, 2002 - 02:08 PM

I have a friend that just bought a used 99' yzf400 and is looking to put a kickstand on it. We do alot of trail riding with our kids and have to stop and pick em up out of the dirt alot! I was thinking some of you guys could help us out. Whats the fix for this situation and where can we buy it? Is there an aftermarket product? Please help, Thanks in advance!

• acarter920

Posted February 28, 2002 - 06:18 PM

Yup, almost all major dealers carry either a clamp-on sidestand (clamps around swingarm) or a bolt-on sidestand (screws into swingarm). Check your local dealer, im sure they would have one. Or, places like Dennis Kirk ( www.denniskirk.com )would have them for sale online. But they are definately out there. Prices usually range from like $60-$100 each. Hope this helps...

• sirthumpalot

Posted March 01, 2002 - 03:40 AM

If you watch the little Dr. D add rotate on top of any thumpertalk page you'll see that they offer YZ and CR Kickstands. Try looking there. :)

• m2g4b

Posted March 01, 2002 - 05:41 AM

Hey there,

I have a swing-arm bolt on type of kickstand and a skid plate for sale. the kickstand is home-made, but I assure you that it is awesome quality. It works excellent and does not bounce around while riding. the skid plate is a msr brand that is a full wrap around, for protection of the sides of the cases. email me at m2g4b@yahoo.com if interested.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • humbertob

Posted March 01, 2002 - 06:27 AM

You can get one at www.rockymountainmc.com great service and fast delivery ! You'll be not disappointed with RockyMountainMC ! I'll bet you that !

Good Luck ! :)

• wr99

Posted March 01, 2002 - 02:58 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for the info. TT is such a great resource. We are looking at the suggestions and checking them out. Thanks again for all your help.

• SealClubber

Posted March 01, 2002 - 07:08 PM

I saw one on Ebay for about $10. Hear is the URL.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1808500867

Or search under WR. :)

[ March 01, 2002: Message edited by: Dan Lawrence ]

• holeshot

Posted March 02, 2002 - 04:47 AM

Malcolm Smith's sells one that bolts to the frame (using the subframe and chain roller bolts). It's strong (and heavy) and costs about 120$.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.