Yamaha WR 450F

7 replies to this topic
  • Agalofa1

Posted October 29, 2015 - 03:05 AM

I want to remove all the restrictions that are on my 2014 WR450, do I need to remap the after market CPU, and what muffler would be affordable that  someone could recommend for it.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted October 29, 2015 - 08:19 PM

You don't necessarily have to re-map.  In fact after playing with a number of different maps, I'm considering going back to the stock map again.  You can either modify the stock exhaust (good and free) or go with a slip on to free up the restriction even more (better).  I have used the standard FMF Powercore 4 on my last two WR's and would not hesitate to go that direction again.  I think my current one was about $270.  I always compare prices at some of the internet stores along with Ebay, Amazon, Google Shopping etc. 

• DangerRanger245

Posted October 30, 2015 - 08:24 AM

I uncorked, ran it with the stock tune on the comp ecu, ran great. Then i installed the FMF GYTR muffler and used the FMF tune and it rips!

• Dexter42

Posted October 30, 2015 - 09:04 AM

I believe their is advantages to be had even in stock form and a remap. So if your getting rid of all the restriction and adding a pipe you will defiantly benefit from a remap. But I'm sure you could also leave it alone and run it stock and be fine, probably my guess a tad lean.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DangerRanger245

Posted October 30, 2015 - 10:22 AM

It is lean stock. I know mine runs cooler now.

• tmasWR

Posted October 30, 2015 - 12:48 PM

I uncorked, ran it with the stock tune on the comp ecu, ran great. Then i installed the FMF GYTR muffler and used the FMF tune and it rips!

What tuner do you recommend?  My bike has a FMF powercore 4 exhaust, and I think it runs a little lean.  Curious about getting a tuner and re-mapping.

• NightLite

Posted October 30, 2015 - 01:06 PM

What tuner do you recommend? My bike has a FMF powercore 4 exhaust, and I think it runs a little lean. Curious about getting a tuner and re-mapping.

On the 2012 and newer, Yamaha sells what they call a competition ECU, plug and play, 5min to install (roughly $90). Once you have that, then the Yamaha GYTR tuner is your best option. It holds 9 different map settings and takes about 30sec to load in a different map for your conditions.

I believe there are other tuning options (power commander, etc.) Yamaha makes it so simple and easy, I've never considered any other options. As a plus, most guys are using the Yamaha setup mentioned above, so there are a ton of posts with people discussing different maps and such.

Edited by NightLite, October 30, 2015 - 01:06 PM.

• DangerRanger245

Posted October 30, 2015 - 01:26 PM

Yeah, yamaha tuner makes it easy.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.