What fits what?

5 replies to this topic
  • Snrub0800

Posted October 28, 2015 - 08:10 PM

What's up guys, I have an 09 wr450 and I have a problem. My right fork(stock) started leaking, I know that olderish wr's have shit suspension. I know some yz years fit some wr years. Here's what I need to know, will 05 yz250 forks fit my 09 wr450, also will 05 yz250 tires, rims and hubs fit my 09 wr450. I know of an 05 yz250 being parted out so that's why I'm askin.

• skierdud89

Posted October 28, 2015 - 08:37 PM

I don't know about fitment just wondering why you don't  get the forks rebuilt?

• Snrub0800

Posted October 28, 2015 - 09:09 PM

I thought about that, but from what I read if I were to rebuild them I should replace the valves with race tech gold, which is pretty expensive. I can get a deal on these forks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted October 29, 2015 - 03:50 AM

Yes '05 will fit.

They are KYB AOS non-speed sensitive cartidge forks.

The '06 has KYB SSS speed sensitive forks, which are signifigantly better.

Wheels will fit too, but you probably don't want an 19" rear wheel.

All you need is the front wheel and spacers, and you will loose your mechanical speedo drive.

• RiderDeAzul

Posted October 29, 2015 - 06:39 AM

What's up guys, I have an 09 wr450 and I have a problem. My right fork(stock) started leaking, I know that olderish wr's have shit suspension. I know some yz years fit some wr years. Here's what I need to know, will 05 yz250 forks fit my 09 wr450, also will 05 yz250 tires, rims and hubs fit my 09 wr450. I know of an 05 yz250 being parted out so that's why I'm askin.

Before you spend all that money, they sell a tool that costs like 5$ to clean out your fork seals without even taking the suspension apart, a lot of the time I have found that the seals simply get a little bit of dirt between the seal and the fork itself, this tool cleans that out, mine leaked on my bike when i got it, and the Motionpro tool seemed to stop the leak.

• skierdud89

Posted October 29, 2015 - 06:51 PM

Before you spend all that money, they sell a tool that costs like 5$ to clean out your fork seals without even taking the suspension apart, a lot of the time I have found that the seals simply get a little bit of dirt between the seal and the fork itself, this tool cleans that out, mine leaked on my bike when i got it, and the Motionpro tool seemed to stop the leak.

I have this tool, a sturdy trimmed business card works too!

But it sounds like the OP is gonna kill two birds with one stone. Get rid of leaky forks AND get an upgrade :ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.