Little help or advice

3 replies to this topic
  • forreal82

Posted October 25, 2015 - 04:41 PM

Hey everyone, having issues with my wr426. Few months ago i started a hot cams auto decompression swap and finally had time to get it back together. The problem I'm having is that I'm not able to keep the bike running without the choke out. I have already called hot cams support and checked that the clearance between my caps and exhaust camshaft are correct, which is suppose to be .007-.008. Semi Went through the carb today and checked and cleaned the pilot screw and ran wire through all openings and it still won't stay running without the choke out. Any help or advice would be appreciated, by the way with the choke open it will run fine even under full throttle. 

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 25, 2015 - 05:07 PM

Your problem is the pilot jet

It is partially clogged or has started to corrode from old or ethanol gas comtamination left sitting in the carb/tank.

Drain all gas everywhere, and put in a new pilot jet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • forreal82

Posted October 25, 2015 - 05:36 PM

ok, when i was going through the carb i tried to turn the pilot jet to see if it was fully closed or a 1/4 open and it didn't budge. Would suspect that would tell the tale that it might have never been changed?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 25, 2015 - 05:49 PM

ok, when i was going through the carb i tried to turn the pilot jet to see if it was fully closed or a 1/4 open and it didn't budge. Would suspect that would tell the tale that it might have never been changed?

Pilot jet, not fuel screw.

The jets are not adjustable. 

Never fully bottom out a fuel screw or you might damage the carb.

http://www.dirtrider...r_carb_rebuild/

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.