Can anyone help?

2 replies to this topic
  • michaelribar

Posted February 28, 2004 - 12:05 PM

I have a 2001 WR 426fn that spits out oil from the breather tube. After 2-3hrs of riding it will spit out as much as a quart of oil. It holds 2.3 quarts total. Does any one know what my problem is before I rip my bike completely apart? Should I be worried?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted February 28, 2004 - 12:53 PM

You're overfilling the oil. You say yours holds 2.3 quarts-the manual for my bike says it takes 1.6 quarts of oil after an oil change. My '99 and your '01 aren't that different.

When I change the oil in my bike, I measure out the exact amount of oil the manual says to with a Ratio-Rite. Then I run the bike for 3-5 minutes before checking the dipstick. Sometimes after only a couple of minutes of running it still is only about halfway up the dipstick. But run it for a few more minutes and it shows full. When I have accidentally overfilled it, it spits out oil in much larger quantities. There's the quart of oil it spits out.

• sdcrooks

Posted February 28, 2004 - 03:19 PM

My "01" calls for 1.6 QTS. This is directly from the manual. I've never had a problem with oil blowing out the breather tube. You must overfilling

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.