Yz450 handling vs. yz250 smoker

2 replies to this topic
  • barbwire44

Posted October 24, 2015 - 04:55 PM

I currently ride/ race enduro on a 2010 yz250 2 stroke set up for woods. I'm looking at a low hour woods set up 2014 yz450f I guess my big concern is how is the handling compare between the two? Does the 4 stroke push through the corners? Do you have ride up on the tank on off cambers roots etc.. For those that have rode or ride both what's the difference?
Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamaha651

Posted October 24, 2015 - 08:04 PM

Interesting subject ! I currently ride a 2012 yz250 2t, or a 2015 300xc, I thought I was gona do more XC , but finding out that I'm Not! Lol,
both deferent yet the same, REALY been thinking I want a 450 ! As I tend to be hitting more Moto tracks !
Though!
Been doing more Mx than XC ,
I love the light feel of a 2t, yet people tell me I've never ridden better than when I had my 09 yz 450, & I kinda have agree I did win more then! Lol

• snowdave

Posted October 26, 2015 - 05:19 PM

I've had both (albeit older models) and for me I prefer the linear power of the 450. The 250 was crazy fun, but I was always a few seconds slower on it because it felt out of control. It's down to preference and since I have grown up on 4-strokes, I just find them less work to ride...I just don't have the same grin as on the 2-stroke though.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.