'05 read fender question.

3 replies to this topic
  • Spam16v

Posted October 23, 2015 - 06:15 PM

Read faq's and searched...

04 & 05 rear fenders are different OEM numbers, any legitimate differences? Got a line on a dirt cheap NOS 04 for my 05. I like the old school Enduro rear tail light.

WR-Noob.... Sorry.

• DeepPurplishBlue

Posted October 23, 2015 - 07:31 PM

The main difference is the plastic around the hanger for the silencer is already cut out on the

newer fenders, but on the older ones it the plastic comes out further and there is just a slot in 

the silencer.    

Difficult to explain, but in any event it is not really an issue.   Worst case, you will need to get

out the snippers to make the slot larger for the fatter silencer hanger on the 05.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Spam16v

Posted October 24, 2015 - 06:03 AM

So trim as necessary as with any plastic it seems? Thank you

• Doug06fx4screw

Posted October 24, 2015 - 02:34 PM

I'm doing the opposite, ordered a yz style fender and will be installing a light under the fender. I don't dislike the old school look, I'm just addicted to mods lol

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.