2016 YZ450F

25 replies to this topic
  • jimbopitts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 04:03 AM

Why would you buy a hour meter if with gtyr tuner you can see your engine run time?

Hour meters are cheap, why not?

• jcross312

Posted October 26, 2015 - 07:35 AM

Plus its alot easier to see a meter than to have to plug your tuner in all the time. As for braces, I ordered the unabiker ones. They look very solid and a pretty good deal too. Havent put them on yet though.

• BGoyins

Posted October 26, 2015 - 07:46 AM

GTYR and Works Connection are virtually the same. I've used both and they are fine for certain tip overs. However, they will bend nicely along with the radiator in many crashes. If you go with "cage" type braces you will probably find the shrouds won't fit as well and the plastic louvers may not work at all. And that may be fine for what your needs are.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • burp

Posted January 23, 2016 - 07:19 AM

What's a good brace ? Seems like a few options out.
Gytr or is there better options?

I would check out UNABIKER radiator braces. I put these things on my 2015 and their virtually indestructible. I have had a few pretty good wrecks and these things never budged. I will admit they were a bit tricky to put on but they were worth the effort knowing the rad's would never bend!

Edited by burp, January 23, 2016 - 07:29 AM.

• grayracer513

Posted January 23, 2016 - 09:55 AM

I don't know about "never", but you're certainly not going to bend a radiator every time the bike falls over.  

The "brace" types are less protective than the cage types such as the Unibiker in general. 

• braaap970

Posted January 23, 2016 - 07:27 PM

Bulletproof radiator guards. Watch the videos on the website or YouTube

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.