wr450 on street?

22 replies to this topic
  • Wristrockit

Posted November 07, 2015 - 01:35 PM

I would still be careful with the shifts, particularly the downshifts and treat the gearbox w/ respect.

Its still possible to damage a GB with a cushdrive, as I found out buying an old bike.

I found chipped/worn gear dogs and bent shift forks, had to make one out of two. Should be testing it very soon.

This was a 2 stroke street bike box fitted with cush drive. There is a known second gear problem, but its caused by abuse.

Edit: better pic

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GreenRide

Posted November 07, 2015 - 03:22 PM

I have an 03 street legal and love it, you can't beat the ability to drive to the trails on the road. I will say tho that before I got the jetting right, I hated it. I have MotoZ enduro DOT front and back, they are great on the road, considering how aggressive they are, and in the mud they hook extremely well. I recommend a trail tech display so you can keep track of the coolant temperature.

• Kx250FRiDeR651

Posted November 07, 2015 - 05:39 PM

My 15' wr450f is almost ready for street. Just finished doing rad SM wheels with Cush drive hub. Big brake kit. Just need to order a Baja designs kit for the signals. Can't wait. It's only going to see local trips, nothing crazy as I have a DRZsm also if I need push farther trips. I also don't ride it like I'm on the track

Edited by Kx250FRiDeR651, November 07, 2015 - 05:40 PM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.