WR 450 or 250?

2 replies to this topic
  • Colt97

Posted October 22, 2015 - 05:25 PM

recently I acquired a bike. It says on the frame 10/03. so I know it is a late 2003 model. The only other thing i know about it is that is has the WR sticker on the back fender. other than that I can not find anything on the bike to tell me what size it is. the person i got it from told me that it is a 450. is there any numbers somewhere on the engine or elsewhere on the bike that i can find out for sure if it is a 450 or a 250 (or any other size)? are there any differences between the variety of WR bikes that will help me to know what size of engine i have? the picture attached is my bike.

Attached Thumbnails

• FullSizeRender.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DeepPurplishBlue

Posted October 22, 2015 - 06:10 PM

a quick visual giveaway is if the starter motor is in the front of the engine between the engine and the frame it is a 250, if it is under the carb it is a 450.

• Colt97

Posted October 22, 2015 - 07:57 PM

a quick visual giveaway is if the starter motor is in the front of the engine between the engine and the frame it is a 250, if it is under the carb it is a 450.

thank you very much. my starter motor is under the carb so the bike is indeed a 450 as i was told.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.