If you order from Motorcycle Acc. Warehouse

Heads up. Just placed an order @ MAW and was suprised at the shipping cost, when I asked this is what I found. They "guess" the shipping cost at time of order. Obviously they estimate high and I can call in at time of delivery to give the actual shipping cost. At that time they will adjust the charge and post a credit to my visa/debit card.

Hipersports is here in Col Springs. Everytime I went in to buy something, they never have it and have to order it. What is the point of being a Mail order wharehouse if you never have the items. I tried ordering something from M.A.W. a few years back and never got it. Anyway, the local dealer here "APEX SPORTS" is way cheaper than either Hipersports or MAW and generally cheaper than most mailorder places.

Same experience with MAW! Watch those shipping costs!! For an online vendor they really haven't caught on to how hip most people are to shipping rates. My last order was from Rocky Mountain, cheaper than MAW all the way around. MAW up until a year ago had great prices and reasonable shipping.

Just ordered a 756 from them, I questioned them on the cost, I thought was excessive. They told me the same, but did not mention calling in once recieved. Thanks for advise on them, Actually calling them back they pissed me off so I canceled the order and got the same tire for 4 bucks less at http://www.chaparral-racing.com

[ March 01, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

Just recieved my $326 order consisting of 32 items,OEM and aftermarket, from Yamaha of Troy. The entire order was exactly as ordered and complete. They even told me the exact cost of shipping ($9.00) at the time of order. They were also very courteous. I would highly recommend them.

Couly

Originally posted by Dan Lawrence:

Hipersports is here in Col Springs. Everytime I went in to buy something, they never have it and have to order it. What is the point of being a Mail order wharehouse if you never have the items. I tried ordering something from M.A.W. a few years back and never got it. Anyway, the local dealer here "APEX SPORTS" is way cheaper than either Hipersports or MAW and generally cheaper than most mailorder places.

Mail order is just that. It's perfect because you don't have to have it in stock....When you order an "ITEM" it will take just as long to get to you if they send it or have it sent from the Manufacture to you. That elimanates have to buy space to store it. It happens to me here With NCY (North County Yamaha) which is 5 minutes from my house. But most of the time when I want an Item they have to order it. So I just call them up and order it over the phone.

The UPS website has a shipping cost calculator (sorry I don't have the url). All you need to find out the cost is the size and weight of the package and the to and from zip codes. This is made more difficult when you have multiple items that can be boxed together. If you think you're getting screwed on shipping, estimate what you think the weight and size of the box will be and check for yourself!

KC