2000 WR400F to YZ swap

No replies to this topic
  • Chazhowson

Posted October 20, 2015 - 05:36 PM

So a few days ago I started my 2000 Wr400f to 03 -05 yz450f conversion, just chaning subframe gas tank, exhaust, seat, number plates and shrouds. I am wondering if anyone has done this swap to an aluminum framed 06 - 09 yz450f subframe, I cant find anything about doing to to later years, the reason I am asking is because exhausts and gas tanks are easier and cheaper to find as I am having no luck finding a cheap used silencer and gas tank if worse comes to worse Ill just buy new stuff but was hoping to avoid to. I have all the stuff to fab brackets up and whatever else need be I am just wondering if they are even close to the same.

Thanks very much, I will post pics when I can of how the bike is coming along

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.