Ty Davis Suspension Link

7 replies to this topic
  • Blue_Boner

Posted May 09, 2001 - 05:39 PM

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Ty Davis rear suspension link? Does it help the bike from kicking and is it worth the $160? Thanks, Eric

------------------
98 WR400 "Strokerized"
97 EXC400
94 RMX250

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted May 10, 2001 - 06:54 AM

You read the article in Dirtrider about the replica bikes, didn't you?

I was wondering the same thing.

Brian

• Flamed1

Posted May 10, 2001 - 12:09 PM

I checked out Ty's web site after reading the same article and found no reference there either. :) Anyone else have luck finding it?

------------------
Life is nothing but a game.... he who has the most fun wins!

• z4me

Posted May 11, 2001 - 01:31 AM

Are you talking about this?
http://www.ZipTyRaci.../parts/link.htm

- Sean

01WR250F - Uncorked and YZ timed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desertbob

Posted July 12, 2001 - 12:08 PM

Since no one answered this original post I thought I would see if anyone has used this product.

Thanks.

------------------
Proud Member of Racers Under the Son (www.ruts.org)& District 37 Desert

98.5 Dodge 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
00 Yamaha WR400
99 Yamaha PW80
99 Terry Fifth Wheel
Oh Yeah...Everything is paid for!

• Edrow

Posted July 13, 2001 - 06:37 AM

I have the link and it works awsome. Makes the rear track extremelty well. Eliminates the swapping off throttle through high speed whoops. (I never had a problem on throttle). Provides much better traction for climbing loose rocky/shaley uphills. Heavier riders may want to up the spring rate with the link. Word of caution. If you do not have access to press, spent the extra $$ to buy the link with the bearings already installed. I purchased it without bearings. Swapping the bearings from the old link to the new one is not something you want to try without the correct tools. A hammer and socket will not get it without trashing the bearings. I used an arbor press, heated the link and froze the bearings and it still was tight. For $20 get the link with the bearings.

B.T.W. I have an 01 WR426.

• Desertbob

Posted July 13, 2001 - 11:43 AM

Edrow,

Thanks for the post. I have upgraded my springs to .48 on the front and 5.6 on the rear due to my 225lb weight. Do you think I will need to change again?

Bob

• Edrow

Posted July 13, 2001 - 11:59 AM

Bob,

Not sure.... but I don't think so. I weigh 170 lbs and run the stock springs. I'm not a BIG air guy though.

Ed

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.