FI Diagnostic Tool vs. Power Tuner

47 replies to this topic
  • nd4spdbh

Posted November 05, 2015 - 12:24 PM

where are you guys getting the FI diagnostic tool to up the CO setting?

• Ride-n-Hard

Posted November 05, 2015 - 03:40 PM

I found mine used, but for the most part I think they mostly were bought off of ebay.

• nd4spdbh

Posted November 05, 2015 - 05:07 PM

got any links to the ones on ebay? im getting all sorts of stuffs seaching FI diganostic tool. 

• drdanbozeman

Posted November 05, 2015 - 06:36 PM

got any links to the ones on ebay? im getting all sorts of stuffs seaching FI diganostic tool. 

I would order from this company in the Netherlands http://www.cmsnl.com...2/#.VjwRvYSBNFJ

Better price than eBay, Yamaha branded, less expensive, and received mine a week after ordering.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nd4spdbh

Posted November 05, 2015 - 06:43 PM

^ they ship to the USA???

• nd4spdbh

Posted November 05, 2015 - 06:45 PM

Can you do the same things you can do with the power tuner with the FI diagnostic tool (change fuel and ignition map?) or do you need both (FI for CO setting and power tuner for the rest?)

• Ride-n-Hard

Posted November 05, 2015 - 10:28 PM

Power tuner is only for the maps and some basic real time info including ECM engine hours. The diagnostic tool sets the co and can rad fault codes. I'm thinking the d.t. will probably be a use once kind of tool.

I'm toying with the idea like one guy did before, doing a p.p. rental thing to try to recoupe some cost.

• nd4spdbh

Posted November 06, 2015 - 08:47 AM

Power tuner is only for the maps and some basic real time info including ECM engine hours. The diagnostic tool sets the co and can rad fault codes. I'm thinking the d.t. will probably be a use once kind of tool.

I'm toying with the idea like one guy did before, doing a p.p. rental thing to try to recoupe some cost.

Let me know! id love to "rent it" for a lil bit to bump the CO up a smidge.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.