2013 yz450 wont stay on

3 replies to this topic
  • alexp96

Posted October 16, 2015 - 08:48 AM

hi I got 2013 yz450 a few weeks ago. Everything was running right until i let it sit for 4 days and now the bike starts but shuts off to keep it on you have to stay in throttle does anyone know what it might be. A few friend told me it could be the spark plug. but I'm not sure

Edited by alexp96, October 16, 2015 - 09:10 AM.

• grayracer513

Posted October 16, 2015 - 09:51 AM

Will it stay running if you use the cold start knob, or just turn the idle up?  

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • alexp96

Posted October 16, 2015 - 10:01 AM

Will it stay running if you use the cold start knob, or just turn the idle up?  

nope just kept shutting off

• grayracer513

Posted October 16, 2015 - 03:31 PM

Sounds like a sticking injector.  Check it for codes.  Might try a top tier injector cleaner fuel additive.  Read the instructions on the label and figure when they say a full tank, they mean 16 gallons. 

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.