By the introduction of the YZ250x and the FXs, we've seen that Yamaha isn't dead in the off road category. (Unlike the other Japanese manufacturers...)
So I'm wondering when Yamaha is going to
- release a YZ/WR 350 F/X ? A bigger cylinder and crank on the YZ250FX is all it would take. It would be an absolute killer bike.
- drop 10 pounds from each of the bikes in their current line up, starting with the ridiculously heavy kick stand
- add a map switch to the EFI bikes
- put 6 speed transmissions in the WR and FX 450s.
- develop a footpeg mount that is position adjustable
- put larger, opaque fuel tanks on the WR and FXs, or at least offer them as an option.
C'mon, Yamaha. You are this close to having a really good, competitive off road offering. Just a little bit more effort and I won't have to buy an orange bike. Please ?
Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy, October 14, 2015 - 08:58 AM.