Yz450f oil change

5 replies to this topic
  • 412MotoRob

Posted October 13, 2015 - 05:40 PM

Okay guys I just sold my 2smoker & picked up a nice thumper, I'm familiar with 4 strokes as I have a raptor 350 but this bike has me a bit confused with the oil system. The bike is a 2005 yz450f- what bolts do I take off for the oil change and where are they exactly. I know the one on very bottom under skid plate and there's one sort of by the shift lever, & to take off the oil filter, but I know there's a "frame" bolt I have to take off because theres a dry dump oil system in the bike but idk where it is---SO AGAIN WHAT BOLTS DO I REMOVE AND WHERE ARE THEY? AND WHERE IS THIS DIPSTICK IVE READ ABOUT TO CHECK THE OIL LEVEL?

Well here's the bike lol ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1444786826.639820.jpg ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1444786839.540053.jpg

• The Italian Stallion

Posted October 13, 2015 - 06:27 PM

I have an 06 YZ450..not much alike..But I had a 426 when they first came out..The frame dipstick should be in front of your gas tank before the stearing head and the frame drain bolt should be near the bottom of the downtube before the cradle

• billygildark5007

Posted October 13, 2015 - 06:47 PM

Pull the motor drain bolt as usual and then the silver oil line under the clutch cover to drain the frames oil. Takes 1.5 quarts to fill. The dipstick on mine never read correctly.
Or look at the stickies in the yz450 forum there is more detailed instructions there

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 412MotoRob

Posted October 13, 2015 - 06:49 PM

I have an 06 YZ450..not much alike..But I had a 426 when they first came out..The frame dipstick should be in front of your gas tank before the stearing head and the frame drain bolt should be near the bottom of the downtube before the cradle

Thank you so much for putting that into English!!-so many places online say so much dumb crap if you know what I mean & beat around the bush with answers

• grayracer513

Posted October 14, 2015 - 06:14 AM

Okay guys I just sold my 2smoker & picked up a nice thumper, I'm familiar with 4 strokes as I have a raptor 350 but this bike has me a bit confused with the oil system. The bike is a 2005 yz450f- what bolts do I take off for the oil change and where are they exactly. I know the one on very bottom under skid plate and there's one sort of by the shift lever, & to take off the oil filter, but I know there's a "frame" bolt I have to take off because theres a dry dump oil system in the bike but idk where it is---SO AGAIN WHAT BOLTS DO I REMOVE AND WHERE ARE THEY? AND WHERE IS THIS DIPSTICK IVE READ ABOUT TO CHECK THE OIL LEVEL?

Well here's the bike lol attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1444786826.639820.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1444786839.540053.jpg

Read: http://www.thumperta...e/#entry7615908

• grayracer513

Posted October 14, 2015 - 06:17 AM

The frame dipstick should be in front of your gas tank before the stearing head

Not exactly.  Left side of the steering head gusset plate.  Not on top like a 426. 

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.