ASK THE MXPERTS: CAN YOU MAP MY 2016 YAMAHA YZ450F FOR ME?

24 replies to this topic
  • Costa Rican YZ450F

Posted October 13, 2015 - 10:29 AM

Have you guys seen this yet?

http://motocrossacti...a-yz450f-for-me

My '16 should be coming soon but I don't have the GYTR Power Tuner, if anyone trys this please give feed back, thank you!

Attached Thumbnails

• 1444760950493.jpg

• iFR

Posted October 13, 2015 - 11:37 AM

I'm waiting till the end of October to pick up my '16.
Will buy the Power Tuner and I'll try this map
I'll use Akrapovic full exhaust system though.

• Monk

Posted October 13, 2015 - 11:58 AM

I'm waiting till the end of October to pick up my '16.
Will buy the Power Tuner and I'll try this map
I'll use Akrapovic full exhaust system though.

giphy_zps6vcjj2ex.gif

• Costa Rican YZ450F

Posted October 13, 2015 - 04:56 PM

I'm not to knowledgeable about the timing, can someone give me some input on what advantages are there on advancing it? Pros/Cons? Thanks!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 13, 2015 - 05:16 PM

I'm not to knowledgeable about the timing, can someone give me some input on what advantages are there on advancing it? Pros/Cons? Thanks!

• Costa Rican YZ450F

Posted October 13, 2015 - 05:42 PM

OMG!!!
That was the most interesting/informative video I've seen in weeks!!! Thanks a bunch Krannie!!!

• iFR

Posted October 13, 2015 - 10:03 PM

Edited by iFR, October 13, 2015 - 10:04 PM.

• Drenmaster

Posted October 14, 2015 - 04:59 AM

I have always been nervous to mess with the timing map.. What are the odds or how easy is it to mess your engine up? i have only used the maps for my '14 in the picture i posted.. That first map has so much power. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_7029.jpg

• grayracer513

Posted October 14, 2015 - 06:43 AM

giphy_zps6vcjj2ex.gif

Looks like the Democrats fixing a flat tire. 

• Ctown208

Posted October 15, 2015 - 05:32 PM

I will try the map for you at least the timing curves.
As for the fuel its going to depend upon mods and elevation. I noticed the 16 ha a great bottom into mid range. Very smooth and a consistent pull. Although the top seems to fall a bit short.

I'm installing a good flowing intake to go with the yosh rs4 full system. I doubt that the bike is corked up factory but seems to feel that way on top. I'm sure it's due to the cam profile change , that I might add is great for tight stuff.

Don't take my opinion for anything tho , I come from a background of modifying these 450s. Even if there's no reason to.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • iFR

Posted October 16, 2015 - 04:08 AM

I have always been nervous to mess with the timing map.. What are the odds or how easy is it to mess your engine up? i have only used the maps for my '14 in the picture i posted.. That first map has so much power.

That first map seems pretty powerful lol.
Do you have any feedback about it?

• Drenmaster

Posted October 16, 2015 - 05:37 AM

That first map seems pretty powerful lol.
Do you have any feedback about it?

Just that.. POWERFUL! i maybe did one or two laps with that map and changed it. It was constant power everywhere definitely not for me. My bike has the gytr head cams and piston and  dr.d pipe. i damaged my engine last year and the complete GYTR head is a pretty good deal considering what u get with it. definitely added alot to the motor, but it is tame once i got the right map

• iFR

Posted October 16, 2015 - 06:21 AM

So, with a stock engine, better not to use this map. Right ?

• Drenmaster

Posted October 17, 2015 - 05:06 AM

I wouldn't. I use the last to maps the most. but once i find something i like i never mess around with maps again. 

• Ctown208

Posted October 17, 2015 - 05:34 AM

Anyone have any idea what the pre set map is ?
Zero across the boards?

• grayracer513

Posted October 17, 2015 - 07:49 AM

The base map on all of them is zeros, but that doesn't mean that they are the same year to year; they aren't.  The '14 and '15 are two identical engines apart from the CDI, but you wouldn't know it to ride them both.  All of the difference is in the base map, and all of them are all zeros. 

• Ctown208

Posted October 17, 2015 - 08:39 AM

The base map on all of them is zeros, but that doesn't mean that they are the same year to year; they aren't. The '14 and '15 are two identical engines apart from the CDI, but you wouldn't know it to ride them both. All of the difference is in the base map, and all of them are all zeros.

Thank you.

• dj78

Posted October 22, 2015 - 05:33 AM

Anyone tested this map or something similar yet?

Stock muffler seems pretty quiet/blocked also, maybe there is room improvement also.

• iFR

Posted October 22, 2015 - 06:26 AM

What is the best map for a 16 with an aftermarket exhaust?
I'm thinking about changing only the FI and let the IG stock

• iFR

Posted October 23, 2015 - 06:31 AM

Btw, after I installed a aftermarket exhaust, bike was popping in deceleration, so I used this map and the decel-pop was gone. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1445610699.630979.jpg

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.