Wr450f

3 replies to this topic
  • Daniel Lee

Posted October 10, 2015 - 05:12 PM

How do you know if my timing chain is to worn and needs replacing and if my cams are to worn and the cam head housing is to worn or should there be any movement in the cams when bolted on
Can anyone help me.

• stevethe

Posted October 10, 2015 - 05:48 PM

How do you know if my timing chain is to worn and needs replacing and if my cams are to worn and the cam head housing is to worn or should there be any movement in the cams when bolted on
Can anyone help me.

You should buy a shop manual. It will tell you the cam measurement. Depending on how old it is or how many miles you have is when the cam chain gets replaced.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Daniel Lee

Posted October 10, 2015 - 09:14 PM

Im put a new crank in big bore kit bore and piston. Havent got a new timing chain just need to know if its alright. Just need to know if i use the old head and cams with the big bore if it wil be strong enough. If anyone can help me

• stevethe

Posted October 10, 2015 - 09:22 PM

Put a new timing chain on it. If it hasent been run without oil the cam journals should be good or get a manual and check them.

Edited by stevethe, October 10, 2015 - 09:23 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.