2007 wr 450

5 replies to this topic
  • thomas liles

Posted October 08, 2015 - 07:50 AM

I hit starter button and get one click from relay. sometimes it starts on second push and sometimes it takes a few tries. Starts strong and it's a new battery. I had found wires loose on relay under seat a while ago. Should I check voltage when I hit button?

• stevethe

Posted October 08, 2015 - 09:53 AM

If it just clicks check for 12.7-13 volts at the battery. Then you can check for the same voltage at the starter bolt. If it has good voltage and the starter doesn't move its usually the starter.

• thomas liles

Posted October 08, 2015 - 10:02 AM

Ok I'll check it out. I'm going to jump the relay also and check grounds. Thank you!

Edited by thomas liles, October 08, 2015 - 11:49 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted October 08, 2015 - 06:55 PM

The WR has a 'issue' sometime of not starting if at top dead center.

Usually you just try a couple times till it gets over the hump, and it starts.

• thomas liles

Posted October 08, 2015 - 07:15 PM

Well that's what I thought it was at first and maybe it is?but it has done that one time to me and I couldn't kick it over but now when I get the single click I can kick it over easily.

• thomas liles

Posted November 14, 2015 - 04:28 PM

Update. I installed a new relay and has been working good for past few weeks.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.