New WR450 or YZ450FX?

Yamaha WR450F Yamaha YZ450F

102 replies to this topic
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted February 29, 2016 - 06:45 PM

INTAKE
YES
YES

Changing the exhaust cam makes a bigger difference.  The engine flows better.  If you change just the intake cam, the engine is still plugged up on the exhaust side.

I'm surprised your bike didn't lose power changing just the intake cam.   The 2012-2015 WR heads are different than the YZ450F heads the intake cam was meant for.  That is probably why your swap didn't work better than it would have in a pre 2012 WR450F.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chevy_97

Posted February 29, 2016 - 08:50 PM

Are the transmission ratios all the same for the WR and FX? I was expecting the WR to have lower first and second gears.

• stevethe

Posted March 01, 2016 - 06:35 AM

Are the transmission ratios all the same for the WR and FX? I was expecting the WR to have lower first and second gears.

Same. It's the YZ that differs.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.