2016 yz450

11 replies to this topic
  • Gaskill

Posted October 06, 2015 - 04:05 PM

I'm a 6'3 guy, does anyone know of bar risers that will raise the bars and and put them more forward toward the front wheel on a 16 YZ 450.

• grayracer513

Posted October 06, 2015 - 04:26 PM

The ProTaper Windham bend does both.  Raises the bars and moves the hand position forward. 

• jcross312

Posted October 06, 2015 - 05:25 PM

The 16 has optional handlebar mount holes in the triple clamps that moves the bars forward

• Gaskill

Posted October 06, 2015 - 05:32 PM

Thanks guys. I just can't ride the dang thing standing up, I feel like the bars are under my belly. I'll try moving them forward, and if that doesn't feel good I guess new bars. Thanks again

• grayracer513

Posted October 06, 2015 - 06:12 PM

Try the Windhams.  Standing is the best part.  They let you stand at a balance on the pegs without crowding the bars. 

• bk29

Posted October 06, 2015 - 06:32 PM

I switched to tag mounts that I had on my old crf. Added about 12mm of height. I know tusk makes a kit to add height also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted October 06, 2015 - 06:46 PM

Rox Risers

2Tall racing

BRP

• torkd14

Posted October 08, 2015 - 03:29 AM

I'm 6'3 as well and run renthal fat bars RC High bend in the front mount holes. I always ran risers previously with stock bars but found higher bars to be more comfortable and the bike seems to handle a bit better.

• Drenmaster

Posted October 08, 2015 - 02:46 PM

i also run renthal RC high.. Get adjustable foot pegs.. I have fastway pegs.. Run them in the lowest position. I could not believe how much better it made everything. Standing up is comfortable now.. 

• jcross312

Posted October 08, 2015 - 05:31 PM

i also run renthal RC high.. Get adjustable foot pegs.. I have fastway pegs.. Run them in the lowest position. I could not believe how much better it made everything. Standing up is comfortable now..

how tall are you? Im almost 6'1" and have been a little curious about those pegs and/or a taller seat

• Drenmaster

Posted October 08, 2015 - 05:38 PM

how tall are you? Im almost 6'1" and have been a little curious about those pegs and/or a taller seat

I am also about 6'1". I never bought aftermarket pegs because yamaha has had pretty decent ones for a while. But just the first ride alone i could tell a difference right away. i wouldn't bother with a tall seat. Had one on another bike and did not really like it went back to stock. Next i am adding different shift and rear brake lever both longer than stock.. 

This is on a '14 450

• motojoe268

Posted October 08, 2015 - 08:09 PM

raising the bars will not make you fast... tall seat, (easier sit to stand transition), low pegs, straightest/widest bars, no risers = speed through proper riding position

Edited by motojoe268, October 08, 2015 - 08:09 PM.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.