07 wr450f brake pad pin

1 reply to this topic
  • dirtydannyd

Posted October 06, 2015 - 12:20 AM

Hey people.  Hope someone can help.  Have 07 wr450 and front pads are very low.  I unscrewed the little flat-head screw to get to the caliper pin.  It has a hex head on it.  I used a 5mm allen key and it sliped and rounded off the inside.  When I put it in, it felt a bit loose.  I tried a 5.5mm allen key and it wouldn't fit.  Is it supposed to be a 5mm allen key or is it something else?

Cheers :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted October 06, 2015 - 06:28 AM

Sounds like somebody stripped it out

First, squirt some PB Blaster in there to make the threads freed up,  once you get a bite on the fastener

You can use an easy out, or slot the allen head with  a dremel micro tip and use a straight screwdriver

It's not structural, so you might be able to just jam a straight blade screwdriver in there and loosen it up

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.