06 yz450 stalling

2 replies to this topic
  • Mitch_Kochergen

Posted October 03, 2015 - 04:41 PM

So I'm having some issues with my bike not running great. I had never had issues, always started up first or second kick and ran great. It sat in the garage for about a month or two and now it's having issues. The bike is taking a little more effort to start and once it starts, it wants to stall out. Could it possibly be an issue with a clogged jet? Could have been some extra fuel left in the line while it sat. Or could it possibly be something else?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted October 03, 2015 - 06:01 PM

Pull the pilot jet and replace it if it is corroded, and clean it if it is just munged up

Inspect the area for corrosion (green or brown). If you find any you will probably need to clear the passage above it too with fishing line and spray cleaner

Put in fresh gas

Adjust the fuel screw with a hot motor

Lower the idle, then turn the fuel screw out to raise the idle, if possible, then re adjust idle as needed.

• Mitch_Kochergen

Posted October 03, 2015 - 06:14 PM

Thanks

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.