Parts interchange. 08 yz250f to 09 yz450f

3 replies to this topic
  • claunchracing

Posted October 03, 2015 - 03:38 PM

Hello, I have read TT from time to time but never posted . If I'm breaking forum rules I apologize. I can't find any general data on this particular question so I figured I'd attempt to tap the wealth of knowledge that is thumper talk.

I just bought an 09 yz450f and I have an 08 yz250f parts bike and I'm trying to figure out what to keep and what to EBay. Thanks in advance

• grayracer513

Posted October 04, 2015 - 07:54 AM

The front wheel, brakes, sprockets, and some of the plastics are about it as far as parts interchange.  The forks and shock will interchange, but would need new springs and revalving. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • claunchracing

Posted October 04, 2015 - 07:11 PM

Thank you. How about the radiators? I'm guessing all the cables and controls are worth keeping. Nothing at all on the engine? Covers?

• grayracer513

Posted October 05, 2015 - 06:34 AM

The radiators are probably smaller.  Some of the cables, perhaps.  The only thing on the engine that's the same is the oil filter cover and the spark plug. 

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.