Pressure in tank from kickstarting ?

4 replies to this topic
  • Justsoflo

Posted October 01, 2015 - 06:06 AM

Craziest thing happened the other day I have a 02 yz426 motard and was riding hard shut it down to get a drink and figure out next spot to ride to went to fire it back up and every time I kicked it over pressure was building in gas tank enuff to shoot gas out of breather tube bike would not start just kept building pressure push started multiple times then finally about to give up and one last kick she fires up anyone have any idea why it was building pressure in tank from carb checked all vent lines on carb and were all clear was the strangest thing and rode fine all the way home

• Justsoflo

Posted October 01, 2015 - 06:08 AM

Just realized I posed in wr section ment to be in yz section

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ozijake08

Posted October 02, 2015 - 04:38 AM

replace the vent on your fuel tank and I would be surprised if it happened again

• Justsoflo

Posted October 02, 2015 - 05:37 AM

No I pulled the one way valve off and every time I would kick it it would squirt gas out the vent tube on gas tank something was causing preasure in the tank itself I think it justvapor locked or something cloged vent in carb

• hyamsj

Posted October 02, 2015 - 05:04 PM

It may have jumped timming the compression is blowing back through the carb Had a four wheel do this

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.