First mx race this Sunday!

Great to hear - nice work!!! Last year was my first race ever (at 44 years old) and I was really nervous. But once the gate dropped, it was pure fun and adrenaline. It gets addicting after that!!

Thanks man! That's awesome at 44 congrats to you too, can't wait for my next race in two weeks!

Great to hear - nice work!!!  Last year was my first race ever (at 44 years old) and I was really nervous.  But once the gate dropped, it was pure fun and adrenaline.  It gets addicting after that!!

I got my 1st motorcycle at 40. 1st dirt bike at 42.... 1st addiction at the same time....

• Like 4

Me too. First race at 44. Going into my second season now. Loving it. My 14 yo son and I are addicted.

Same here; my son will be 15 this week and he and I are both completely hooked.

I've got such mixed emotions because this is the first year that he is now unquestionably faster than me.  One part of me is so proud of how he's progressed and the other part of me wants to punt him off the track every time he passes me!!  ?  ?

• Like 4

Same here; my son will be 15 this week and he and I are both completely hooked.

I've got such mixed emotions because this is the first year that he is now unquestionably faster than me. One part of me is so proud of how he's progressed and the other part of me wants to punt him off the track every time he passes me!! ??

Funny you say that. At our last race my son and i ended up on the same gate. I was 30+ and he in 250f. The first moto I was in second and about to take the lead when I stalled. My son passed as I was trying to restart. Took a long time to get it restarted. Second moto I was being held up by second place. I couldn't get around. I could see that the next bike behind me was my son. I knew he would catch me if I couldn't get around. So I tried a new line and crashed. My son passed while I was trying to restart. Can you say electric start! All I heard all weekend was how my son beat me. My son won the overall with a 2/2.
  • Like 3

Funny you say that. At our last race my son and i ended up on the same gate. I was 30+ and he in 250f. The first moto I was in second and about to take the lead when I stalled. My son passed as I was trying to restart. Took a long time to get it restarted. Second moto I was being held up by second place. I couldn't get around. I could see that the next bike behind me was my son. I knew he would catch me if I couldn't get around. So I tried a new line and crashed. My son passed while I was trying to restart. Can you say electric start! All I heard all weekend was how my son beat me. My son won the overall with a 2/2.

That's too funny; electric start is half the reason we're on KTMs!  I just don't have the stamina anymore to pick a bike up, kick it 20 times, and then finish a moto  :foul:

• Like 1

That's too funny; electric start is half the reason we're on KTMs! I just don't have the stamina anymore to pick a bike up, kick it 20 times, and then finish a moto :foul:

I'm wanting a 16 KTM 450 bad now. Hate to leave my trusty old Honda, but I rode a 16 and loved it.
  • Like 1

Ok, so where's the race video?????

Hopefully will be able to upload it today! I haven't even got to watch it myself yet been crazy busy at work but tonight I should be able to check it out and hopefully upload it

Hopefully will be able to upload it today! I haven't even got to watch it myself yet been crazy busy at work but tonight I should be able to check it out and hopefully upload it

Do it... ?

Edited by Metal and Dirt
  • Like 1

Here we go!! This is moto 2 , I still gotta upload the first moto but this one is my comeback moto

Ok, so where's the race video?????

Do it... ?

Here we go!! This is moto 2 , I still gotta upload the first moto but this one is my comeback moto

Good 1st race!  Nothing will make you faster than racing.  It's too hard to duplicate it during practice...  I got the impression you were focusing just ahead of your front wheel.  find where you want to go, then look ahead to the next spot on the track. Pick your line, then look for your next line.  Dont look down, don't look back!

Looking forward to moto 1.

• Like 2

I think for your first race, you did just fine!  Killed it on the start ???   I've done that too. It happens. Do you have friends that you can practice with?  That helped me a LOT with technique long ago.  How you do the start is a whole subject in itself.  The start is something a little easier to practice by yourself compared going elbow to elbow with another rider.   You'll get it.  Fine job!

• Like 1