2007 WR450 Again....

Yamaha WR450F

30 replies to this topic
  • RiderDeAzul

Posted September 30, 2015 - 05:11 PM

No, WR (wide ratio) YZ (close ratio).

:facepalm: Yeah, that would probably make a difference haha, has anyone used the Tusk Crankcase Splitter?

Edited by RiderDeAzul, September 30, 2015 - 05:13 PM.

• stevethe

Posted September 30, 2015 - 05:15 PM

They all go for around 2500 around here, which is what I paid for my wr, just out of curiosity, my friend has an extra 2008 yz450 engine at his shop, would fifth gear in that fit in my bike?

If you paid $2500. for a WR450 don't feel bad about sinking a little dough into it.
Don't use claped out used parts off another motor or you will never get this one fixed.

• stevethe

Posted September 30, 2015 - 05:16 PM

:facepalm: Yeah, that would probably make a difference haha, has anyone used the Tusk Crankcase Splitter?

I believe the Tusk splitter would work.

• RiderDeAzul

Posted September 30, 2015 - 05:20 PM

I believe the Tusk splitter would work.

Alright, cool, so when I take it apart should I leave the parts in a can and lightly oil them since they will probably be sitting for a long time? and do I have to buy the tusk clutch hub tool too? Well, technically I traded my 2000 Banshee (that I just did a complete engine rebuild on) for it, but he had it listed for $2500

• stevethe

Posted September 30, 2015 - 05:25 PM

Alright, cool, so when I take it apart should I leave the parts in a can and lightly oil them since they will probably be sitting for a long time? and do I have to buy the tusk clutch hub tool too? Well, technically I traded my 2000 Banshee (that I just did a complete engine rebuild on) for it, but he had it listed for $2500

Don't take anything apart and let it sit. Chances are you will never put it together again. Wait till you have the money then do it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RiderDeAzul

Posted September 30, 2015 - 05:30 PM

Don't take anything apart and let it sit. Chances are you will never put it together again. Wait till you have the money then do it.

The top end is pretty easy to do, I've done a few of them, since I've never messed with a dirtbike/atv transmission would you recommend just sending it to the shop when I get the money?

• stevethe

Posted September 30, 2015 - 06:16 PM

The top end is pretty easy to do, I've done a few of them, since I've never messed with a dirtbike/atv transmission would you recommend just sending it to the shop when I get the money?

No. You can likely do it yourself. Look at a good utube video and replace anything questionable.

• RiderDeAzul

Posted October 02, 2015 - 10:22 AM

You don't know what the problem is yet.
Most likely, your shift detent mechanism is fouled.
Probably not the transmission gears.

When I put my bike in 5th gear and I just push it back and forth while sitting on it, the tranny makes a goofy sound, allows me to move backwards or forward about 6 inches after it would catch in other gears and then it stops there, does this tell you anything or does it sound normal?

Edited by RiderDeAzul, October 02, 2015 - 10:48 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 02, 2015 - 05:19 PM

When I put my bike in 5th gear and I just push it back and forth while sitting on it, the tranny makes a goofy sound, allows me to move backwards or forward about 6 inches after it would catch in other gears and then it stops there, does this tell you anything or does it sound normal?

Hard to say, since I have never done that.

• RiderDeAzul

Posted October 02, 2015 - 05:25 PM

Yeah, didn't figure anyone would know cause that is a crummy explanation, there's not a way to upload videos on here, is there?

• RiderDeAzul

Posted October 08, 2015 - 08:19 PM

sorry for nagging again, I am taking the bike apart tomorrow to check the mechanism, which from what I have seen is under the clutch cover, but I couldn't find anything about it in my manual saying what the decent mechanism looks like, you wouldn't happen to have a picture of it or where it is located, would you?

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

The Teanaway is no BS! by Nuklhed

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  55 replies
Forums
Photo

Valve Cover gasket keeps blowing by pbcrazy9898

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Should i switch to a ktm 300 exc or xcw from a 2009 wr 450f by Tattoojunk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  55 replies
Forums
Photo

New to the SM world by Kegger_92

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   SuperMoto
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.