2015 YZ450F not stable in dunes

5 replies to this topic
  • Ahmadyz450f

Posted September 27, 2015 - 03:45 AM

Hello brothers
I bought a new 2015 Yz450f and from first ride i feel there is something wrong with my bike !
In dunes with some speed, it is not stable, rear tire is jumping left and right like a bull want to throw me from his back
I dont know how to fix this issue
Please help

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 27, 2015 - 06:12 AM

More rebound compression on the rear shock

Lean back more

More throttle

...and a steering stablizer is your most effective solution..

• Jimmy boy

Posted September 27, 2015 - 06:33 AM

Have you checked the sag? It also sounds like the suspension is "packing" reduce the rebound a couple clicks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TX-SANDMAN

Posted September 27, 2015 - 09:25 AM

those bikes are great in the sand ... how much do you weight?  once you get the suspension dialed you will love it.

Also -- are you running a paddle tire?

• Ahmadyz450f

Posted September 27, 2015 - 01:18 PM

More rebound compression on the rear shock

Lean back more

More throttle

...and a steering stablizer is your most effective solution..

If I throttle more ,rear tire jumping more and faster

Have you checked the sag? It also sounds like the suspension is "packing" reduce the rebound a couple clicks

actually i am beginner and my bike now in manufacture setting . i need to watch some video on youtube about setting sag and rebound

those bikes are great in the sand ... how much do you weight?  once you get the suspension dialed you will love it.

Also -- are you running a paddle tire?

My weight 90KG and running pirelli tire ( not paddle tire )

----------------------------------------

After I rebound suspension and set the sag , I'll test the bike and give you results

Thanks all

• YamaLink

Posted September 29, 2015 - 04:12 AM

As others have stated you must first set sag. Great tutorial: http://www.tootechra...ension_tips.htm

Get it properly sprung for your 90kg, then dial in the compression and rebound and fork (height), too.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.