Water proof bearing grease from Wal-mart???

6 replies to this topic
  • WR_Jason

Posted February 26, 2004 - 01:17 PM

Hey what grease do you guys swear by for redoing the head set, swing arm, and wheel bearings for a WR that sees plenty of water and mud? I was hoping someting I could pick up at wal-mart but man, they have more types of grease on the shelf than the warmer rack at McDonalds :)

• Burnrider

Posted February 26, 2004 - 05:07 PM

Bel-ray waterproof grease from the dealer

• latehit

Posted February 26, 2004 - 05:58 PM

I use Bel-ray and Kendall Super Blue Both excellent grease for those applications. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ryster

Posted February 26, 2004 - 07:03 PM

Just make sure the one you use for the headset has a somewhat high temp. rating, Which I am sure most do as it does get a little hot
my 2 cents :)

• r1superstar

Posted February 26, 2004 - 07:26 PM

Hey what grease do you guys swear by for redoing the head set, swing arm, and wheel bearings for a WR that sees plenty of water and mud? I was hoping someting I could pick up at wal-mart but man, they have more types of grease on the shelf than the warmer rack at McDonalds :)

Motul grease.

• yimmyhauler

Posted February 27, 2004 - 07:08 PM

You might want to replace the front wheel bearings with sealed ones ... I repacked all bearings on the bike at less than 50 miles with Bel-Ray. 3 months later I went to do it again and the front was almost siezed from all the lovely red clay we have. (2nd teardown was about 500 miles)

• WR_Jason

Posted March 01, 2004 - 11:29 AM

BAhhh, I hate getting stuff from the dealer since it cost so much, Ill take a look since I have to get some parts there later this week any way. Where do you get the sealed bearings? Are they Yamaha parts? GTYR or someting?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.