Knock off the Dr D bulk buy talk!

15 replies to this topic
  • SCIENCE

Posted February 26, 2002 - 03:21 PM

First let me state that I am not a dealer. Nor do I work w/or know the Dubach's. Additionally, I don't yet own a YZF. (Waiting until '03!) But I gotta say some of you guys are getting crazy w/the bulk buy talk.
Especially, when it concerns DR D. I spoke to Gina & Doug D many times this fall when I was trying to decide whether to go YZF or YZ this fall. In my 20 years of motorcycling I have never felt better served as a potential customer! Once I mentioned TT, the prices, shipping, special add ons (welded on nuts for heat shield free) were improved + very competitive! As we all know, these two are tops!
Which leads me to my point. They are business people who love the sport (esp 4-strokes!). It seems to me that they are being very supportive of the people that frequent these forumns. Lets please not embarrass ourselves by asking them for further discounts. They are literally setting a standard for excellent customer service and top notch products. They also have a business to run.
I have no problem for bulk buys for specialty stuff (ie Kouba), but asking Dr. D for more than they already offer us is ludicrous!

• yzernie

Posted February 26, 2002 - 03:53 PM

Originally posted by SCIENCE:
I have no problem for bulk buys for specialty stuff (ie Kouba), but asking Dr. D for more than they already offer us is ludicrous!

Science,

While I do agree with you that some of the comments made by some people are inappropriate, I absolutely disagree with you that they should not be looking for the best deal possible.

I don't own any of the Dr D products but I certainly appreciate their generous discounts to the members of TT. They are willing to help us and in turn we help advertise their products.

As far as "specialty stuff", the items that Dr D produces and sells ARE specialty products.

Ernie

• #1_Hit-man

Posted February 26, 2002 - 04:59 PM

Originally posted by yzernie:

As far as "specialty stuff", the items that Dr D produces and sells ARE specialty products.

Ernie

• crazyadam

Posted February 27, 2002 - 04:03 AM

If and WHEN I'm rich... I won't be so tight :) , but as a poor boy :D and a machine shop foreman I can see how nice the parts Dr.D makes! but Its about a buck for the Al., and ten bucks would be too much for me to charge to make the barclamp, & thumb piece. AT MOST I could make them (IN BULK!!!) for 30-35 bucks each, with cable and plunger, and springs, and housings, etc.
But I'm busy making locomotive parts for GE.
And there are not enough customers to buy the amount I would want to make.. hence, the mark up!
CALL me Crazy.. but 100$ sounds so painfull, UNLESS you race all the time.... and actually use the hot start :D

Thank you DR. D for making any and all improvments on these wonderful bikes...
I'm just very jealous that I can't just make dirtbike parts, THINK of all the R&D time I could spend on the track "testing"!!!
:D

• Scotti

Posted February 27, 2002 - 08:48 AM

I agree with you science! I'm off the bulk buy
list. Going direct. Thanks for the bump.

Winder till she stinks !!!!

• flyinguitars

Posted February 27, 2002 - 09:20 AM

Crazyadam,
For a poor boy, you sure have a lot a them there expensive fancy gadgets on yer bike :) :D :D :D :D just teasin ya!
I have to agree with science...Dr D has to make a living too.
Mike

• crazyadam

Posted February 27, 2002 - 09:55 AM

Yeah I know :) but I love her SO much, that I can't tell her no when she asks for stuff.
So when she tells me she needs a better hot start, maybe then I'll call Dr. D.

[ February 27, 2002: Message edited by: crazyadam ]

• Scotti

Posted February 27, 2002 - 10:08 PM

Just got off the phone with Gina at Dr. D
It does't get any better than these folks!!
It's these kinda folks that make the world go round!!
Thanks Gina.

WInder till she stinks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • acarter920

Posted February 27, 2002 - 10:13 PM

Well i hope i dont start a war here... but i have to disagree with SCIENCE. A bulk buy benefits both parties involved. First off, the buyer gets a better price.. second, Dr.D (or any businessman for that matter) wouldnt offer discounts if he didnt also benefit.

Sure, he's got to make a living.. but when someone comes up with a bulk buy.. he sells 10x more product, thus more profit faster compared to waiting for 20 separate buyers to come along. As long as he's making profit then he's making a living.

And a $5 loss on an object that probably uses about $20 worth of material but is selling for $100 is not much off a loss in my opinion. I have nothing against Dr.D and his product seems to be some of the best on the market, but a penny saved is a penny earned. Just my opinion though...

I always say an opinion is like an armpit, we all have em' and they all stink. :)

• #1_Hit-man

Posted February 27, 2002 - 11:27 AM

Originally posted by acarter920:
Well i hope i dont start a war here... but i have to disagree with SCIENCE. A bulk buy benefits both parties involved. First off, the buyer gets a better price.. second, Dr.D (or any businessman for that matter) wouldnt offer discounts if he didnt also benefit.

Sure, he's got to make a living.. but when someone comes up with a bulk buy.. he sells 10x more product, thus more profit faster compared to waiting for 20 separate buyers to come along. As long as he's making profit then he's making a living.

And a $5 loss on an object that probably uses about $20 worth of material but is selling for $100 is not much off a loss in my opinion. I have nothing against Dr.D and his product seems to be some of the best on the market, but a penny saved is a penny earned. Just my opinion though...

I always say an opinion is like an armpit, we all have em' and they all stink. :)

I AGREE! I'm with you on this matter. ~Hitman~

• Gina@DRD

Posted February 27, 2002 - 12:26 PM

Scotti-
Thanks for the compliment! :)

In regards to the bulk buy topic. I have posted my feelings on this on the main topic that was started.
I agree with everyone on the ideas of a bulk buy and yes, Dubach Racing would make more money giving a larger discount for more sales BUT... I also sell to dealer and distributors and I have to protect there interest as well.
As I always offer TT members 10% off retail and I am also willing to ground ship for free.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please email me at
dubachracing@mediaone.net
Thanks for your support,
Gina Dubach

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 01, 2002 - 02:57 PM

Science,
While I do agree with you that some of the comments made by some people are inappropriate, I absolutely disagree with you that they should not be looking for the best deal possible

:)
I will agree with this .
I hope it was not my comments or posts that upset some?!
I think EVERYONE will agree that you would buy the lowest cost product if you had 2 identical items.........RIGHT???
If not...... :D I have a 72' Pinto for $10,000.
It is a "CLASSIC" and even though my neighbor has the same car for 100bucks you should buy mine! :D
Even if you have an unlimited CASH flow you would most-likely (at least to a certain point)search for the best price. You surely wouldn't buy "MY" PINTO for 10G's......would you ??????!!! :D

• meangreen75

Posted March 01, 2002 - 04:42 PM

I have to add to this. I just bought a Dr. D pipe because I know it's amoung the better one's around. I did take the time to shop around and with asking for the discount from Gina. I contacted Dr.D by phone and got a price of $460. Asking around Thumpertalk I found a cheaper place that shipped for free and only charged $389 all the way to my door. Same product, cheaper price. That's what it's all about.

• tp3dxf

Posted March 01, 2002 - 09:08 PM

If there willing to sell it for less I am willing to buy it. All they have to say is no. I can live with that. I understand that they have to make a living. We all do. If anyone dosen't agree with me that's fine. But I will always look for the best deal for not only any part on my bike but for anything else as well. I have found that retail price is not always what you have to pay for anything. Being nice is on thing but being a smart business person is another. Just MY opinion.

• #1_Hit-man

Posted March 02, 2002 - 05:46 AM

THATS RIGHT!!! :) ~Hitman~

• Scotti

Posted March 02, 2002 - 06:24 AM

We all gotta do, what we all gotta do!!

Winder till she stinks!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.