Trade Acerbis 3.4 gal tank for stock YZ tank

1 reply to this topic
  • RKRYG99

Posted February 26, 2002 - 02:25 PM

Hey fellow TT'ers,
Would anyone be interested in trading their stock YZF gas tank for a new/unused Acerbis 3.4 gal tank,(mn-11161082)color-YZ blue w/cap and petcocks for both sides.Fits YZF 400/98-99.I just bought this tank on sale for $105.60.I'm unable to use the tank w/ my Big Gun exhaust,the header
pipe rises up too close to the bottom of the tank!IF interested,send me an E-mail at RKRYG2000@AOL.COM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • emcdan

Posted February 28, 2002 - 07:29 AM

I ran into the same problem on my bike. The big gunn exhaust comes too close to the right side petcock. I talked to some other people who ran into this difficulty. They made a blank plate and a rubber gasket then blocked off the right side, where the 2nd petcock goes. I did this also. I was concerned about the "gas distribution" not a problem. Unless you are riding 100 miles at a time, you will not have a problem.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.