Exhaust. Worth the money?

7 replies to this topic
  • jcross312

Posted September 24, 2015 - 06:17 PM

Just got the 2016 model and am entertaining the idea of an exhaust like fmf or yoshimura. But at 650 to 900 dollars there better be a big performance gain, which doesnt really seem to be the case from the little ive read. Are these things just expensive bling? Or do they really make a difference. Opinions please.

Attached Thumbnails

• FB_IMG_1443147482378.jpg

Edited by jcross312, September 24, 2015 - 06:18 PM.

• 15thumper

Posted September 24, 2015 - 06:42 PM

You can get them cheaper under 500 if you shop around, but I would get the suspension dialed in first, sprung for your weight and or revalved, the stock tires suck too and if you trail ride rekluse is great, Dr.D is the exhaust I'd go with

• Dklassen

Posted September 24, 2015 - 07:09 PM

Some bikes come stock with restricted exhausts and can really benefit from an aftermarket pipe. I don't believe the current YZ450 falls into that category.

• Monk

Posted September 24, 2015 - 07:21 PM

Other then weight savings, the YZF has plenty of power and I doubt you would reap the rewards...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Conner_Steezel

Posted September 24, 2015 - 08:15 PM

Bought my full Dr.d on Craig's list for $250. At that price I couldn't pass it up. But for $600 I'd spend the money some where els.

• shrubitup

Posted September 25, 2015 - 12:50 PM

not worth the money

• Wiz636

Posted September 25, 2015 - 04:02 PM

The best money you can spend to make your bike faster is to have your suspension set up for your weight, riding style, and type of riding.

Money spent on exhaust has a pretty poor return on investment.

• jcross312

Posted September 25, 2015 - 07:52 PM

Yeah, always heard how suspension is #1 priority. But I also keep hearing how good stock yamaha suspension is too.. And it does feel good so far. Feels real good. I may have to go up on the spring rate. Im weighing in at 205 currently, but hope to loose another 10. But so far its been soaking everything up. Including some 60-70 foot doubles.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.