Tire size...AAAARRRRRGGGG!!!!!!!

6 replies to this topic
  • Phillip_Hutchinson

Posted February 26, 2002 - 12:23 PM

110/100x19 What does each nember mean and what are the units? I know that the 19 is the rim size, but what about the others.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted February 26, 2002 - 12:57 PM

110 centimeter wide, 100 percent of width in profile. At least that's the way they did it when I sold tires 25 years ago.

• MX_Tuner

Posted February 26, 2002 - 02:34 PM

And they still do it that way now.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted February 26, 2002 - 04:20 PM

Just be aware that not all tires are sized the same.

Someone like Tuner likely knows more about this than me, but I have noticed that, especially for rear tires, Pirellis, for example, of the same numerical size are visibly smaller than the "same" size Dunlop.

I once received a very good explanation for why this is, in fact it was such a reasonable and logical explanation that I immediately forgot what it was.

• 426_Pilot

Posted February 26, 2002 - 04:27 PM

Whatever they mean, go with the 120 for your replacement tire. I went with the 120 Dunlop 756 - it rips!

• Phillip_Hutchinson

Posted February 26, 2002 - 04:42 PM

Thanks guys.

• eBayThumper

Posted February 26, 2002 - 07:45 PM

Yeah, I love the M12s too...they call it 'Euro' sizing!!! Like a centimeter is different over there than it is here...I still don't get it...

Anyway, ShawnMc got it right...

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.