Rear brake light switch fail

4 replies to this topic
  • avlisj

Posted September 18, 2015 - 04:22 PM

My after market hydraulic switch that replaces the bolt on the banjo bolt will not make contact to activate the brake light switch. It worked for about a year. Now it seems the hydraulic fluid pressure is not enough to complete the circuit. Ive taken it off and activated the switch manually, everything is still intact.
Anybody have this problem. Is there a simple contact switch there can be used without tapping into the brake line.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 18, 2015 - 04:23 PM

Common point of failure.

If you use the 'good' switches sold by Baja Designs, they last much longer.

Yes, you can use a 'pull spring' system for pre-hydralic brakes, but there should be no need.

Edited by KRANNIE, September 18, 2015 - 04:24 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tomerb

Posted September 19, 2015 - 08:31 AM

I used the clutch lever safety switch for my brake light. 

• avlisj

Posted September 21, 2015 - 06:45 AM

I used the clutch lever safety switch for my brake light.

I like it. Explain how you tapped into that.

• tomerb

Posted September 21, 2015 - 03:50 PM

The first thing I did was bypass the clutch safety switch so the bike would still start in gear........ Then I ran a wire
from the battery to the wires that go to the switch and connected it to one of the wires. Then from the other wire I ran another wire
back to the wire for the brake light and connected to it. Now every time I pull my lever the brake
light comes on. I also installed compact fuse at the battery before routing the wire to
the clutch switch.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.