426 Connecting Rod Small End

3 replies to this topic
  • SXP

Posted February 26, 2004 - 05:33 AM

Does the 426 connecting rod small end have a needle bearing or bushing in it, or is it like the 400's without any bearing/bushing? Thanks.

• SFO

Posted February 26, 2004 - 06:39 AM

it is the same in as much as you asked although it is of a different bore diameter. No bush or needle brg.
You will have to switch to a falicon rod to get a bushed small end.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted February 26, 2004 - 09:24 AM

Thanks. I'm planning on upgrading my 400 con rod to the 426 con rod and was wondering what my alternatives are beside OEM. Do you know if the Falicon rod fits without any issues or clearance problems?

BTW, are you the same SFO on Dirtrider.net?

• SFO

Posted February 26, 2004 - 10:16 AM

Thanks. I'm planning on upgrading my 400 con rod to the 426 con rod and was wondering what my alternatives are beside OEM. Do you know if the Falicon rod fits without any issues or clearance problems?

BTW, are you the same SFO on Dirtrider.net?

same sfo.
get a cr-f stroker rod installed onto your yz flywheels.
It will be .060 longer than stock which if you haven't cut your barrel down to correct the squish two base gasket will recreate sufficient deck height, you will want to verify this as prudence would dictate though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.