Acerbis wr rear fender

3 replies to this topic
  • The_Blue_One

Posted February 25, 2004 - 07:05 PM

I just got the new acerbis fender and it is YZ style :) I thought i'd share some pics and show the end result.The nice thing is no trimming required :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

• ETP

Posted February 26, 2004 - 04:58 AM

Thanks for the tip.
I've mounted 2 YZ rear fenders now on my WR and had to cut out all the clearence holes on both. Looks like this new one does not have the same shape on the right side to transfer the little stock heat sheild materail.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Blue_One

Posted February 26, 2004 - 06:36 AM

You do need to cut the stock heat shield shorter to transfer it.The right side ends right at the mounting point but otherwise has the same shape. It is actually nice since i had to trim the stocker fender to accept a yz-style exhaust.

• SBG

Posted February 26, 2004 - 06:49 AM

Whatevva and I also mounted Acerbis YZF fenders, and they both needed to be trimmed for the overflow lines. I had a friend at work machine some aluminum spacers so that the fenders would kick up a bit more and flow better with the seat like the WR's do. Now there is barely any transition from seat to fender.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.