Posted February 26, 2002 - 04:22 AM

Has anyone tried this?

http://www.mxsouth.com/perp38lit.htm

All info welcome.

DJ

[ February 26, 2002: Message edited by: denjerre ]

• dirtdad

Posted February 26, 2002 - 04:31 AM

I put one on my 00 426 when I first bought it. I'm sure my experience is rare, but they sent me one without any fuel passages drilled into it. Like a dummy, I of course put it on my bike without really looking at it. Not having any pump shot actually kept my bike from starting hard and I didn't have as much of a bog off-idle as I would have without it. Long story short (lol), I discovered the flaw in manufacturing when I did the BK mod and I sent it back. Do the BK mod! It's a much cheaper (approx. $5 vs. $80) and it's a more complete mod in that it allows adjustability where the p-38 does not.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ400Court

Posted February 26, 2002 - 04:34 AM

I just did a search for p-38 in the YZ forum, 32 matches. I figured there would be a match or 2 that I could link, but 32. I have not tried the p-38 or the bk mod myself.

• denjerre

Posted February 26, 2002 - 04:49 AM

done the search...sorry. tx.

• YZ400Court

Posted February 26, 2002 - 06:57 AM

Originally posted by denjerre:
done the search...sorry. tx.

Don't be sorry, I wasn't scolding. But with 32 posts, and countless more on the BK mod, maybe I need to try it also. I pulled my accel pump apart the other day to find it so full of crap it could not have been working :) . I wonder how it will change having it work again?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.