Max handle bar height with stock cables WR450f

21 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted October 13, 2015 - 05:06 PM

I'm 6'3" also had the same question, Krannie how about a pic of your cable routing next time you have it apart. Looks like it needs to enter the case end from the right because of the bell crank angle

Well, no picks with the stock clutch cable anymore.....and now everything runs via the stock path.

Before, with the old clutch cable, I ran it on the left side of the tank.

IMG_51501_zpsbmgpesym.jpgIMG_51491_zpsmcqgwtts.jpgIMG_5656_zpsl2uydts6.jpg

IMG_5659_zpsqpkcmu9s.jpg\

....and of course, the trick head work.....!

100_5497_zps8xuv6q0z.jpg

Edited by KRANNIE, October 13, 2015 - 05:09 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • easystreet

Posted October 13, 2015 - 06:01 PM

I hope you can help me with your experience .
I have a new 2015 WR460F but bars to low. Was thinking of 50mm bar risers but eoundered would the OEM Cables etc be ok or would I need to order longer ones. I will be keeping the OEM bars .

The newer model line such as the 2012 through 2015 are definitely different from the older ones in which people have had success re-routing and going way tall. I spent a fair amount of time looking at every routing option and possibility. I am very confident that stock bar height and stock cable length cannot be raised more than the 1.25 inches or approximate 30 millimeters without pulling that clutch cable too tight. If you need or want to go higher than that you need to have Motion Pro custom make you a cable. They don't produce them in any length other than stock/OEM as of yet. 

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.