2011 Muffler Options - Spark Arrestor?

8 replies to this topic
  • atf8611

Posted September 14, 2015 - 04:49 PM

I'm moving to Colorado in a few weeks, and I need to make sure my bike is going to be legal out there. I currently ride a 2011 450f, and it has the yoshimura RS-4D pipe on it. I love the look, sound, and performance of the pipe. The only issue is that yosh doesn't sell a spark arrestor for this model.

Does anyone out there know of a universal spark arrestor that I can fit to the pipe? If not, is there an arrestor out there that I can use with the stock pipe?

• atf8611

Posted September 24, 2015 - 03:16 PM

Nothing? Its not looking like i can find anything to make this pipe work for me....Anyone in the market for a gently used RS-4D?

Edited by atf8611, September 24, 2015 - 03:16 PM.

• billygildark5007

Posted September 25, 2015 - 08:42 AM

I'm don't believe that you'll find a spark arrestor for the d series... The regular Rs-4 does have one. Maybe you could just buy a new silencer and reuse your header and mid-pipe.
I'd call yoshi to confirm first. This isn't a classified section you may have better luck posting it there if selling it.

• WouldsAssassin

Posted September 28, 2015 - 04:45 PM

I have the FMF Q4 on my 2011. It is the perfect trail muffler. Quiet. I also think FMF has a spark arrestor screen for all of their products.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted September 28, 2015 - 09:40 PM

I put the Lexx (Rocky Mountain) spark arrestor endcap on the stock silencer on my '13. Has a nice carbon fiber endcap that looks good also.

https://www.rockymou...End-Cap?v=10891

• atf8611

Posted September 29, 2015 - 02:01 AM

Did the Lexx endcap give you any performance gains over stock? I have had the RS-4D on the bike since I bought it, and I would hate to do anything to decrease power and over rev (even if I don't need it 99% of the time...)

• Wiz636

Posted September 29, 2015 - 05:51 AM

Did the Lexx endcap give you any performance gains over stock? I have had the RS-4D on the bike since I bought it, and I would hate to do anything to decrease power and over rev (even if I don't need it 99% of the time...)

Not with the spark arrestor installed but it does come with a 'race' tip and a 'quiet' tip. I run it with the spark arrestor and the quiet tip and am never lacking power. You can run it without the spark arrestor.

• atf8611

Posted September 29, 2015 - 08:22 AM

Well unfortunately the issue is that I will need a spark arrestor. Good to have that lexx endcap as an option though. I'm leaning towards just buying an FMF Q4 and being done with it.

• BGoyins

Posted September 29, 2015 - 08:42 AM

Might also consider the FMF Factory 4.1 RCT. Comes with a removable spark arrestor and an optional quiet insert/spark arrestor is available. I run this slip-on on my 2011 and 2015YZ. RCT system makes swapping insert super easy.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.