05 WR450f Mystery Switch

3 replies to this topic
  • whoops dude

Posted September 14, 2015 - 01:38 PM

After years of putting it off, (college, Work, moving, lack of funds) I'm finally about to do a full rebuild on my bike. In my parts list is a switch that mounts into the clutch perch assembly but I have no clue what it does. Hoping the WR hive could clue me in.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 14, 2015 - 01:54 PM

Starter inter-lock safety switch.

Dump it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted September 14, 2015 - 01:53 PM

It's a neutral safety switch. When in gear, the starter won't engage unless the clutch lever is pulled in. This switch is what senses that the clutch lever is in. Many people disconnect this switch and ground out the wires so that it thinks the switch is always depressed.

• whoops dude

Posted September 14, 2015 - 02:03 PM

Been a few years since I really posted but I somehow knew that Krannie would be all over it in no time. Thanks for the help guys!  :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.