Water Pump Issues Corrected?

6 replies to this topic
  • ewr2004

Posted September 13, 2015 - 07:22 PM

Can someone in the know inform me if the water pump issues have been corrected, and if so, beginning with what year?

Edited by ewr2004, September 13, 2015 - 07:23 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 14, 2015 - 05:28 AM

What issues?

I've owned WR's since 2003 and have never had nor heard of a water pump issue.

Starter, yes.

Edited by KRANNIE, September 14, 2015 - 05:28 AM.

• RMK800

Posted September 14, 2015 - 11:11 AM

You do have to replace your water pump seals every so often, but that is standard maintenance. I've done it once on my 2007.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WRF-Rowdy

Posted September 15, 2015 - 12:35 AM

What issues?

I've owned WR's since 2003 and have never had nor heard of a water pump issue.

Ditto. Neither the WR400F, nor the 2003 WR450F I owned for +20.000 and +15.000 miles repectively
had any water pump issues, e.g. unchanged from new, no maintenance necessay.

• foggy3061

Posted September 15, 2015 - 03:25 AM

Some of the early aluminium frame bikes suffered from a water pump seal leak. Displayed as a drip from the hole below the water pump.

All of the bikes that had this issue will probably be sorted by now. The pump itself shouldn't be an issue.

• GuyGraham

Posted September 15, 2015 - 10:47 AM

Some of the early aluminium frame bikes suffered from a water pump seal leak. Displayed as a drip from the hole below the water pump.

All of the bikes that had this issue will probably be sorted by now. The pump itself shouldn't be an issue.

What was the issue as mine leaks dispute changing the seal a few times?

The shaft is in good condition so I'm thinking balancer shaft bearings now

• foggy3061

Posted September 15, 2015 - 01:37 PM

What was the issue as mine leaks dispute changing the seal a few times?

The shaft is in good condition so I'm thinking balancer shaft bearings now

I was lucky with my bike, just a new seal cured it. The impeller shaft was in good condition too. I was fully expecting to find the shaft worn or perhaps even a crap bearing impeller bearing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.