exhaust??

4 replies to this topic
  • TAC

Posted February 25, 2002 - 05:27 PM

What exhaust do you reccomend?? Would you do it again if you didnt already spend the money?

• brain

Posted February 26, 2002 - 12:10 PM

THUNDER ALLEY ALL THE WAY AND IF I GOT A NEW BIKE IT WOULD HAVE A THUNDER ALLEY PIPE ON IT AGAIN & AGAIN & AGAIN ITS IS A MEGAPHONE AND YOUR BIKE WILL RIP HANDS DOWN GIVE BOB A CALL AND JUST TALK THE PIPE IS $250.00 HIS # (559)584-8109 HIS WEB SITE IS http://taliaferro.net/thunderalley/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted February 26, 2002 - 12:59 PM

What Brain said but really loud

• manny_o

Posted February 26, 2002 - 04:37 PM

Dubach-period! It's good enough for Pro-Circuit and others to copy. And Doug rides the track vs. the "Dyno-chart" crowd (Dyno charts don't win races/Good acceleration and traction do). How many other people or companies have the "Data-base" that Doug does? Ask anyone who's running one. If you do get a pipe, be sure to ask a lot of people at your local track. A lot of pipes for the YZ/WR don't do much of anything. The only real tuning advantages seem to come from pipes w/ stepped headers (I consider the header to be the entire pipe all the way to the muffler). If you measure some of the real popular pipes out there you'll find that they're not much different than stock. Take your time and ask people like Doug, Ty, Mike Young-etc. I'm pretty sure you'll get some honest answers. Look at the 2 replies before this and you'll find a couple of guys that are real happy with their systems (I don't know about that brand/seems to me "megaphone" systems are REAL loud and produce -usually- a lot of topend). Good Luck. :)

• manny_o

Posted February 26, 2002 - 04:38 PM

Dubach-period! It's good enough for Pro-Circuit and others to copy. And Doug rides the track vs. the "Dyno-chart" crowd (Dyno charts don't win races/Good acceleration and traction do). How many other people or companies have the "Data-base" that Doug does? Ask anyone who's running one. If you do get a pipe, be sure to ask a lot of people at your local track. A lot of pipes for the YZ/WR don't do much of anything. The only real tuning advantages seem to come from pipes w/ stepped headers (I consider the header to be the entire pipe all the way to the muffler). If you measure some of the real popular pipes out there you'll find that they're not much different than stock. Take your time and ask people like Doug, Ty, Mike Young-etc. I'm pretty sure you'll get some honest answers. Look at the 2 replies before this and you'll find a couple of guys that are real happy with their systems (I don't know about that brand/seems to me "megaphone" systems are REAL loud and produce -usually- a lot of topend). Good Luck. :)

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.