Any real info on the '16 WR 450 yet?

27 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted October 02, 2015 - 05:19 PM

Nonsense.  Leftovers are the dealer's problem, not Yamaha's.  The new models come out every year on schedule regardless of how many 1, 2, or 3 year-old models are still hanging around.  When I bought my son's '06, I was offered a "screaming deal" on an '02 426, still in the crate.

Dealers do not 'buy' the bikes. They are 'floored' ( lease/loan) , through the manufactuer.

Some manufactuers take the bikes back from slow dealers, and ship them to better markets.

Some manf give the dealer a huge cost reduction to buy them outright, when they become 'stale'.

If they owned the bikes outright, there would be no rebates, markdowns or close-outs, as the margin at the dealer level is not anywhere big enough.

• grayracer513

Posted October 03, 2015 - 08:12 AM

I'm well aware of the fact that dealers floor their stock under a variety of different plans.  However, once shipped, they "belong" to the dealers, and if they don't sell, it remains the dealer's responsibility to work out what to do with them, as they have at that point been legally transferred.  It amounts to a "sale", and it's final, subject to subsequent arrangements that may or may not occur. 

In any case, it's a red herring, because it still has no bearing whatsoever on new model release schedules set by the factory.  

• judgnot

Posted October 03, 2015 - 10:43 PM

I'm well aware of the fact that dealers floor their stock under a variety of different plans.  However, once shipped, they "belong" to the dealers, and if they don't sell, it remains the dealer's responsibility to work out what to do with them, as they have at that point been legally transferred.  It amounts to a "sale", and it's final, subject to subsequent arrangements that may or may not occur. 

In any case, it's a red herring, because it still has no bearing whatsoever on new model release schedules set by the factory.  

Absolutely ^.  The original statement was absurd, and to quote, "it's as simple as that".  

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 04, 2015 - 10:45 AM

fine

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • D-rek07

Posted October 06, 2015 - 08:33 AM

http://www.dirtrider...veiled?image=16

• bopper450

Posted October 06, 2015 - 11:30 AM

https://www.facebook...18102308308898/

• patrick2wd

Posted October 07, 2015 - 06:46 AM

finally...

• patrick2wd

Posted October 07, 2015 - 11:57 AM

5 gears?????

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.