YZ Forks On A 2006 WR450 - Wheel Bearing Seal Help

3 replies to this topic
  • carlt828

Posted September 09, 2015 - 08:41 AM

I recently swapped my 2006 WR450F stock forks for a set of 2007 YZ250F SSS forks. I swapped spacers and everything bolts up just fine. My problem though is on the right side of the wheel. The bearing is exposed since I am no longer using the WR speedo hub/spacer. For you guys that have done the conversion did the bearing seal from the YZ fit the WR wheel hub or did you do something else?

Edited by carlt828, September 09, 2015 - 08:41 AM.

• carlt828

Posted September 18, 2015 - 02:34 PM

The stock wheel bearing seal fits but only just the tabs from the speedo drive holds it in. Does that setup stay in place?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted September 18, 2015 - 04:22 PM

The tabs that spin the speedo drive are part of the hub

The bearing sits inside that, and the wheel spacer touches only the bearing, pushing on it.

If you use used the stock WR bearing, yes, it is exposed.

You have to make a cover, or change to the YZ bearing, with is sealed.

• carlt828

Posted September 21, 2015 - 11:14 AM

That makes sense. I have a bearing kit that has sealed bearings to put in.

Thanks Krannie.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.