Mid valve stack

4 replies to this topic
  • Jasons

Posted February 25, 2002 - 02:51 PM

I need to rebuild my mid valve and plan on trying a different stack to try and increase the durability, but I did not write down the stock stack last time I had it apart, and I need to order shims. Does anyone know what the stock mid valve stack is? Thanks in advance since you will save me having to tear down the fork to find out what I need to order.
Jason

• DaveJ

Posted February 25, 2002 - 06:47 PM

Jason,

Here's what I have on record for a 2000 426.

Piston side
4 - .11x27
2 - .11x22
1 - .11x16
2 - .32x14

DaveJ

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jasons

Posted February 26, 2002 - 11:51 AM

Thanks DaveJ, do you know if this is the same as the 01 426?
I guess I forgot to mention what bike in my initial post.
Jason

• Jasons

Posted February 26, 2002 - 11:54 AM

What is the inside diameter on the mid valve shims, I think they are 12mm is this correct?
Jason

• DaveJ

Posted February 26, 2002 - 08:34 PM

Jason,

I don't know if the 01 and 00 are the same, and the fiche shows different part numbers for each year on the cartridge tube assemblies.

Perhaps I'm not much help.

You may want to e-mail ScottF. I think he updates each year.

The 00 ID, by the way, measures in at .435 which is 11mm.

DaveJ

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.