Just purchased 2004 wr450

7 replies to this topic
  • Roderickbashford

Posted September 06, 2015 - 01:06 PM

Hello, just purchased Wr 450. 2004 will receive it in around 10 days any special checks to do apart from the obvious?

• DPete

Posted September 06, 2015 - 01:12 PM

Welcome to the board. Other than normal oil change, coolant change, check air cleaner& chain slack, maybe check the valve clearance. Enjoy

• RMK800

Posted September 08, 2015 - 06:38 PM

I would go through and re-grease the steering stem bearings. I couldn't believe how smooth this helped my bike. I would also do the linkage. I didn't and couldn't figure out why my bike suspension wasn't fully extending out like it was before. Bearings were rusted.

• Roderickbashford

Posted September 08, 2015 - 11:43 PM

Thanks DPete and Rmk800 will do.
I'm having it shipped over from mainland Spain to the canaries.Bought it just with seeing pics and a video! Upgrading from a Suzuki dr350.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Roderickbashford

Posted September 08, 2015 - 11:51 PM

I'm also unsure as to power it produces, previous owner says its arm wrenching....is there any proper way of finding out if its up to its true power capacity, here in spain at least in the paperwork it says 30 kW

• mnicholson2003

Posted October 08, 2015 - 04:37 AM

I have a 2004 as well...first ride in over 25 years. It's powerful but not crazy! I find it quite manageable and so much fun! Twist the throttle and enjoy! I got it from a friend of mine who did all his own maintenance and service.  I'll be watching this thread to learn more. 

IMG_0610_zpsu5ckog0f.jpg

Edited by mnicholson2003, October 08, 2015 - 04:37 AM.

• Roderickbashford

Posted October 08, 2015 - 05:21 AM

Enjoy

• Roderickbashford

Posted October 08, 2015 - 05:22 AM

Got mine At last last week had a quick ride needs a few tweeks here and there but a great tool and yes pretty fun ...!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.