Are the 03-04 YZ/ WR450f frames the same.

6 replies to this topic
  • Treebark

Posted February 25, 2004 - 07:38 AM

I'm wanting to get frame gaurds and a skid plate for my 04 WR450F, most part catalogs dont show the 04's yet or don't show WR's. Anyone know which brand gives the best protection?

• PBDBLUE

Posted February 25, 2004 - 08:02 AM

They probably are but I'm not sure about the skid plates. Yamaha sells the same glide plate for both bikes but only lists a skid plate for the WR. As for frame gaurds I know there are some issues with '03 WR frame guards fitting on the '04 due to the change in the kickstand. I've been holding off waiting for some '04 specific guards.

• Agent

Posted February 25, 2004 - 08:58 AM

I ordered this skidplate from Flatlandracing.com and it bolted perfectly onto my 04. I also got their radiator guards and they went on equally easy. They are a good product and I recommend them.

Devol claims to have 04 frame guards but are backordered everythwere I have looked. Should be stocked ina few weeks I am told.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ColdChillin

Posted February 25, 2004 - 10:33 AM

Hey Agent, does it (skid plate) have a hole in it for drain plug access?????? I really need to figure out what skid plate, radiator guards, & radiator braces I'm gonna buy.

• DeltaT

Posted February 25, 2004 - 11:44 AM

You can check all the part numbers using the online fiche:

http://www.yamaha-mo...sp?lid=2&lc=mcy

Click on Parts & Service
Click on Online Parts Catalogue.
Put in the model you want. You can open 2 sessions and go back and forth to compare.

Jim

• Agent

Posted February 25, 2004 - 12:50 PM

Hey Agent, does it (skid plate) have a hole in it for drain plug access?????? I really need to figure out what skid plate, radiator guards, & radiator braces I'm gonna buy.

Yeah, it has 2 holes in the bottom, one for each drain plug. The holes are pretty small though - too small for a socket wrench to fit in there. I imagine that if you want to use a torque wrench you will need to take the skidplate off.

• ColdChillin

Posted February 26, 2004 - 02:37 AM

Excellent,....I ordered one yesterday afternoon. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.