Latest Gen YZ450's

3 replies to this topic
  • raysta

Posted September 02, 2015 - 04:29 AM

Hey guys hoping to get some owners advice. Currently upgrading to a low hour 450 as I'm getting over seat bouncing my 85kgs round the local track (mt kembla) on a 250f.

Is the 14+ bike a large improvement over the 10-13? I ride my mates 11 a bit and quite like it although if the newer bikes have a more nimble feel then I'm sure I would enjoy it more. Understand the motor and suspension will be very similar, but wonder if all the other changes make for a better ride.
Thanks in advance.

• Monk

Posted September 02, 2015 - 07:20 AM

Hey guys hoping to get some owners advice. Currently upgrading to a low hour 450 as I'm getting over seat bouncing my 85kgs round the local track (mt kembla) on a 250f.

Is the 14+ bike a large improvement over the 10-13? I ride my mates 11 a bit and quite like it although if the newer bikes have a more nimble feel then I'm sure I would enjoy it more. Understand the motor and suspension will be very similar, but wonder if all the other changes make for a better ride.
Thanks in advance.

The general consensus is yes, the 14+ models are better then the 10-13 models. Much more refined... That being said, if you didn't like the 10-13s due to their light front end feel, the 14+ models still have that, just less of...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • raysta

Posted September 03, 2015 - 04:39 AM

Thanks monk
Don't mind the front end of the 11 too much and it feels good to me when you get way up there. I am more interested to know if it feels more slim and nimble between the legs.
Regards

• Monk

Posted September 03, 2015 - 05:11 AM

Thanks monk
Don't mind the front end of the 11 too much and it feels good to me when you get way up there. I am more interested to know if it feels more slim and nimble between the legs.
Regards

Feel slim, no, feels nimble, yes

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.