2 replies to this topic
  • yamahahahaha

Posted February 24, 2004 - 07:15 PM

My wr400's got a coolent leak...don't know where it's coming from. Wasn't a fast leak exactly...but it did end up burning up my top end. I had noticed coolent dripping while I was riding for a while. I thought it might have just been overflow dripping..but I couldn't tell because evertime I noticed it, it was while riding, the bike was muddy and I couldn't tell where the coolent was coming from. While tearing down the engine to fix it, I didn't see any obvious damage to any of the hoses, fittings or o-rings...What could be happening here? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 24, 2004 - 08:36 PM

Is it leaking out the weep hole at the bottom of the engine?
If so it is time for a new impellar shaft and oil seal and water seal for about $50.00. list price. :)

• yamahahahaha

Posted February 25, 2004 - 04:17 AM

I will check it out....thanks. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.